You Can’t Talk Me Out of My Destiny

Amen sister!! I, too, have felt the pressure of building followers. And, lately, I find myself less motivated to do so. Not because I do not want the followers, but because, like you, it takes so much time away from other things I should be doing. With a full time job and a husband I like spending time with, it doesn’t leave much time.

I will be taking a two day writing retreat next weekend. Just me and God for two whole days to start shaping up my book; Raising him solo, but never alone. I am pumped!!! You are so right my friend; God will make it all come together in His time!

Can’t wait to see what’s next for Jesus Glitter!!!

Love you!

2. Sue says:

Hi Sheila, glad to have read this today as sometimes I second guess myself for even starting to blog. I’m tempted to write on hot topics but have refrains to keep writing what my initial intentions were. Thank you for letting me reflect back on my on intentions today!

Hi Sue~
      I’m glad you stopped by and shared your heart. We all need to reflect from time to time and remember why God called us to write in the first place.
      Blessing to you!
      Sheila

3. Robbi says:

Amen!
    I think a lot of bloggers (myself included) can get so caught up in page views and followers that we loose focus. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God….

Thanks Robbi!
      I think it narrows our focus and limits the possibilities of what God can do through us!
      Thanks for sharing and God Bless You!

4. Kay says:

God always calls us to go outside of our comfort zone!

Kay,
      You are right about that! If ministry wasn’t easy for Jesus we can expect we will have our own trials as well 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!

5. Tammy says:

Perfect timing!
    Hi, my name is Tammy and I’m a procrastinator.
    Over three years ago, I know, God called me to write my story ( His story) in book form but…
    I don’t even have to start with a blank sheet or computer screen in front of me because bits and pieces are already on my blog.
    Your post is just another nudge to getty up and go reminder!

Tammy,
      I want to encourage you to do it! You are a very gifted and talented woman who has an amazing story to share 🙂 I’m going to keep poking you and see how you are doing! Blessings!!!

6. Debbie says:

Sheila I love this message, and I love Pastor Furtick. I did his study Greater.

Yes every second wasted is not allowing God to do His work. I’ve wasted so many seconds and not getting any younger. I’m trying so hard to go where He leads and pricks my heart to go.

Hi Debbie~ I relate to you! My heart is to finish strong in this race and have His voice drown out all the ground clutter. Thank You for you sharing!

7. jennifer L says:

Great motivation! Thank you for this because I definitely need it!

8. Claire says:

I agree with all of this! I’ve been frustrated and feeling down lately because blogging is taking away from the time I spend with my children and takes away from me being a good wife, child, and friend as well. So right now I’m saying that what i do is enough – I don’t have to do as much as the bloggers I see around me hustling to make as much money and build up as big of followings as possible!

Claire, I understand what you are saying. Time is precious and goes way to fast. You are ENOUGH! Investing in your children, spouse and friends will make you richer than anything and God will open and close doors in His perfect timing. I learned I can only be the best version of me not what everyone thinks I should be. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

9. Linda says:

My name is Linda, and I’m a procrastinator. I have done this today already about 3-4 different things. Nothing major. But still those words in my head ” I’ll get to it later”. How many times have I said this to God? Only He knows that astronomical number. I know from experience that by starting with the small things like being nudged to smile at a stranger or tell the cashier at the super market to have a blessed day, the bigger things aren’t as scary or intimidating. I’m not a blogger or woman in the public view. Just an ordinary person. But I want to, with all my heart, do what my Savior asks of me. So I’m praying that by doing the little things if and when He asks my reply will be yes Lord, not I’llget to it later. For some time I’ve felt people could benefit from my story of leaving his will and being brought back to his flock. But don’t we all have a story? So you who have been blessed with the gift of writing and telling your story please don’t talk yourself out of it. We can all benefit from reading or hearing about your walk. You could save someone’s eternal life. Thanks for letting me ramble. Jesus Glitter is such a blessing g to me. Thank you for not putting it off till tomorrow.

Linda, I’m sorry for the delay in responding I was away for a few days. I love what you said and I have tears in my eyes because you are right we all have a story to tell because God created us to be individuals, but who have a purpose to fulfill. I want to encourage you to write your story and I would love to share it on my blog because people need to hear your story of love, hope, encouragement and the power of restoration. You are loved!!!

10. Peggy Underwood says: