What Do a Pregnant Giraffe and You Have in Common?

1. Sheila, what a great post. I love writing from life. No matter what is going on, we can learn something about ourselves and our God, by just looking, listening and being patient. You have reminded me to be patient with what God is telling me to do and let Him orchestrate the “birthing process”. Just like with April…when the time is right that baby will be born. Thanks for sharing your wonderful insight! – Amy

If only I had the time to just sit and watch a Giraffe live life! Ha!
    But seriously, I agree with each of your points. And, yes, if only more would be watching with anticipation the return of our Lord.

The issue I have with this is kinda like what you’re saying – people getting excited over a giraffe and not about Jesus – and they’re not even caring about what’s going on – HAVE MERCY!

• Lo Tanner says:

Isn’t that sad!! People have become so blinded to the things that should truly be considered amazing. Thank God we have an opportunity to be a light to those people and share the truth with them.

4. Kristi says:

Such great principles that you’ve pulled from April the giraffe. I haven’t watched her but know many have.
    I especially appreciate the point about how others are watching even when we don’t know it.

5. Tara says:

What a cute and timely article! I love giraffes. I also love your tag line–be the sparkle!

6. Maria Hass says:

Thank you for sharing! I guess I can relate more to my own pregnancies than I do April the giraffe. I don’t know that I can wait 15 months for anything 😂

7. A very nice comparison. Truly shows how God’s creations are connected

8. Cindy Dillon says:

Your point about trusting your gut came home in a real way for me this past week for me! It reminded me to praise God again for how He continues to work. Thank you for always being obedient to what God has called you to do and the gift of writing that you share with so many.

Cindy,
      Thank You for always being such an encouragement to my heart and your solid testimony of what it means to be a Christ follower! I love you friend!

9. This is a very clever post and what truth!! I don’t think I ever would have made the correlation. I love it.

Hi, Sheila!
      Poor April still hasn’t had her calf. She is teaching us all patience for sure! I’m glad you enjoyed the post! I thnk you are pretty clever yourself! Blessing to you friend!