Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary and Happy Father’s Day!

1. This was so moving! I really love reading stories about family, especially celebrating a wonderful man like your father clearly is. Thank you!

Christa,
      Thank You for your commenting! My Dad is a good man that any girl would be thrilled to call him Dad.

Sheila,

You write beautifully about both of your parents. You are fortunate to still have them with you and more importantly to have a great relationship with them. I’m so happy for you!

God bless you my friend!

Toni,
      Thank You for your kind words. I am blessed to have them and I do not take it for granted. I am not looking forward to the day God calls them home because I will miss them so much until I see them again.

3. Heather Hart says:

My parents got married on my dad’s birthday too, and so did my inlaws. Guys seem to think that’s a good idea. It works though, even if they do end up getting the short end of the stick.

Hi, Heather! Just another thing we have in common 🙂 I am thankful for my Dad for sure and he doesn’t mind getting the short end of the stick. 🙂

Beautiful story about your dad – and his devotion to the God of love!

5. Heather says:

What an awesome post to your Dad! I am sure he is so proud of this and all you do! He sounds like an awesome man and I love the tap dancing story haha, I just told my husband that little bit. My mother was deterred from God as a child because she too was told she was going to hell for not going to church, it is sad that adults say things like that to children and see nothing wrong with it. I am glad he has built a relationship with Christ over time though.

Hi, Heather! I think about what that priest said to my Dad and cringe! I think of all the what-ifs, and God reminds me that He was with my Dad everyday until my Dad called upon him again. I am thankful for a God who is patient, loving and long waiting!

6. You are so missing out! Mincemeat pie is my FAVORITE! You can buy the canned filling during the holidays. It’s mostly apples and raisins, cinnamon and allspice. You should make it for him! He sounds like a great man! Last year I flew to visit my dad for his 70th birthday and made his favorite coconut cake with apricot filling.

Jen, The one my dad loves has green tomatoes and suet in it. Your pie sounds delicious. My Dad’s not so much 🙂 When my Dad turned 75 we took them on a vacation to Lancaster, Pa to the Sight and Sound Theatre and saw Samson. He loved it! I love surprising my Dad. You are right I should at least try it!