A Love Letter to My Dad on Father’s Day

1. Beautiful letter, Sheila.

2. Heather Hart says:

Amen! God is so good. He is the perfect Father, and I am so thankful that He loves me.

Lovely – sadly I couldn’t say the same of my own father 🙁

4. danasia fantastic says:

This is such a heartfelt and lovely letter to your day! I’m sure he appreciates it.

Danasia,
      I’m sure he does. I never want to miss the opportunity to tell people how much I love Him. He has made such a difference in my life.

5. jhilmil says:

Such an emotional letter Sheila! I’m myself a daddy’s girl and can relate every phrase of this letter with my dad as well! They are such an emotional support for us!

Hi, jhilmil! I’m glad you can relate to my letter. My dad is my biggest supporter and ancourager! Thanks for reading my letter!

6. Heather says:

Absolutely beautiful! You took everything I feel and put it into words in such a beautiful way! I love this post, probably my favorite one of all the days posts!

Hi, Heather! Thank You for your very kind words. What an honor to be one of your favorites! I can be a little emotional…okay a lot emotional, but I’m glad you could feel my heart through this post!

7. Khushboo says:

No matter how old I get, my parents provide me with that safe space and I know I can count on them no matter what. Loved your letter 🙂

Khushboo,
      I understand what you are saying about your parents. I am so glad mine have always loved me at my best and worst. Thanks for reading my letter!

8. Emily says:

What a lovely and heartfelt letter!

9. zim says:

What a beautiful and thoughtful letter – also reminding us of the real Father from whom all fatherhood is derived. Thanks to God for Fathers.

Hi, Zim!
      Actually the letter was written for my heavenly Father! I am thankful for a Father who loves all of us unconditionally! Thanks for your kind words.

• Zim says:

L.o.l….somehow I interpreted it as written to both. My Sunday School kids wanted to know why we observe Father’s day in church since it is secular. I told them that it’s because it is pointing us to the ultimate Father – from whom all Fatherhood is derived.

10. Sounds like you have an amazing father who really did a great job guiding you to have a deep faith of your own.

Hi Jen,
      I do have an awesome Father! He’s a good, good, Father who gave His very life for me. He guides me everyday to do His will and I love Him so much!

11. Deepa says:

This is such a sweet and heartfelt post. I remembered my dad while reading it. I love my dad too and glad t know you have an amazing dad too.

12. It is nice to know that the God of the universe loves and cares for us. And that he has loved us since the beginning. That is a very comforting thought.

Hi, David!
      It is a comforting thought to know how much we are loved. Happy Father’s day to you and I hope you had a wonderful day! It isn’t easy being a single parent, but there is no doubt you are a GREAT dad! Blessings to you!

13. This is a touching letter. Thanks for sharing something so personal!