Cheers to the First Five Years

1. What a difference five years can make! Lots of changes but what stands out to me is your incredible faith in God. No matter the circumstances, there is a common thread throughout this post: faith and trust in God. Happy Anniversary! May the next five be as blessed!

Hi, Sheila! Yes, indeed what a difference five years can make. I pray it is always my faith that stands out to others. I have wasted to much time worrying about what others think or what I should say or shouldn’t say. I’m learning to trust and let the Holy Spirit speak to me. Thank You for your anniversary wishes!

2. Ruth O'Neil says:

Marriage is quite the adventure! We never stop growing and we never stop learning from each other – even after 26 years of marriage. Prayers to you both for many, many more adventurous years.

Hi, Ruth! You are right there are no two days the same. Thank You for your prayers we covet them and so happy you have had 26 years. Outstanding!

Congratulations to you and hubby on the first five – and here’s to many more!

Hi, Andrea! Thank You so much I would love to have 50 more years if the Lord tarries! However, I will be content in today!

4. What an amazing 5 year journey God has taken you both on. Praying for the next 5-50 years (:

Hi, Samantha! It has been a journey, but God has been with us every step of the way. Do I wish some things didn’t have to happen? Of course, but what I do know God has been faithful to us. Thanks for your good wishes!

5. Terri Grothe says:

Happy Anniversary, Cheers to many more

6. Erin says:

God is truly amazing. Second chances, helping us to overcome major hurdles… and it all makes our marriages all the more strong for them. Congratulations!

Hi, Erin! I would have never thought I would get married again. The risk was way too high to put my heart in that place of vulnerability again. But, God had a different plan and allowed me to heal in ways I didn’t even know I needed healing. Thank you for your wishes and your insight!

7. Ola says:

Boy, it’s been a wild ride for the both of you for sure! But life is all about changes right? Glad you two are in it for the long haul. Happy Anniversary!

8. Alice Mills says:

My husband and I went through a lot in early marriage. Sometimes I think it is God giving us an opportunity to bond deeply.

Hi, Alice! I agree 100% about the bond hardships give us. It is always good to know we have each others back and God has both of us!

9. Alexandra Negron says:

congrats on your 5year anniversary! Relationships in any form can be hard and having a lasting relationship is a blessing!

Hi, Alexandra! You are right relationships can be hard, but the older I get, the more I realize how precious they are!

10. Wow! Congratulations on 5 years. You guys have had a whirlwind of events and difficulties, but God is faithful through it all. Happy Anniversary! – Amy

Thanks, Amy! Yes, it has been a whirlwind, but I can honestly say I wouldn’t have wanted to be in this whirlwind without my Hubs! God is faithful even when I struggled to find my faith again.

11. Amrita says:

! We are a work in progress. Marriage is hard work, but when you both are working toward a common goal, life becomes easier.I believe this deeply.Congratulations on your anniversary and finding peace.We all need to work on the inside for this!Loved the post.

Thanks, Amrita! Thank You for your kind words and I’m glad you enjoyed this post. Marriage is hard work, but it is a gift too!

12. Chandresh says:

Happy Anniversary and wishing you many more cheerful years ahead

13. jhilmil says:

Congratulations, its so great to touch every year with love & togetherness.. We have crossed 6years & it feels like life has changed so much.. Sometimes it’s peace & sometimes too hectic, but that’s all what life is with a kid:)

Hi, jhilmil! Congrats to you too! I have to tell you it doesn’t matter how old your kids are life is always hectic. We have all grown children and grandchildren, and I believe life is busier now. Thanks for your good wishes!

14. That’s so great that you were able to maintain community even through a move. And it’s great that you have been able to find a place where you are at to serve. Congrats on a great five years.

Hi, David! It wasn’t easy that is for sure, but time has been a key factor. I do look forward to the day we can move back home and then I will miss the people I’ve come to know and love here. Where is that happy medium? LOL Thanks for your wishes! I’m excited it is “National French Fry Day”.

15. Nadalie says:

Happy 5th Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your journey so far. And it’s so true, we really are works in progress.

Thank You, Nadalie! Yes, we are works in progress and by admitting it, we learn and grow from one another.

16. Lureta says:

Happy Anniversary to you both! God has truly been faithful to you and though we have yet to know what the next 5 years holds, we know God will be there with you. I pray that your hubs will receive full and complete healing in Jesus’ name. Bless you both.

Hi, Lureta! Thank You for your encouraging words! We appreciate your prayers and believe God will give him complete healing in Jesus name! God has been faithful in so much and we are grateful!

17. Such an encouragement!! Yes, it is all about God and not about ourselves. I am reading through Gospel-Centered Mom and she talks about that being the Me-Gospel. So true!!

Hi, Christia! It is all about God because you really wouldn’t want it to be all about me. 🙂 Seriously, life and marriage becomes easier when we die to self and live for Him.

18. Caroline says:

wow amazing! Congrats on your anniversary. You certainly have had a lot of change , but God is faithful through it all <3

Hi, Caroline! Yes, we have had change, but God never changed, and I am forever grateful for that! Thanks for the congrats!

19. Congratulations! I too have found my second chance. My husband and I have only been married a month now, but we have known each other for years now. He showed me what real love was after being in an abusive marriage that lasted nearly 8 years too long. It is a journey that we are taking day-by-day, and that I thank God for! May God bless the two of you!

Hi, Emily! I am very sorry you were in an abusive relationship. My heart breaks for those who are caught in such a nightmare, but I am thrilled you have gone on to find love, happiness, and joy! We all carry our scars, but it is what we do with the scars which matters the most. Congratulations to the both of you and many blessings on your journey of life together! May His love always be your guide and strength!

20. Deepa says:

I loved your post. Agree with u about marriage. It is work in progress and we learn throughout in the journey. Congrats on your anniversary.

21. Ana Ojha says:

Congratulations on your 5 years anniversary! Marriage is an adventurous path and we learn throughout its journey! Cheers to your more wonderful years to come!

22. Peggy Underwood says:

Great testimony to God’s faithfulness! Love you 😘

Hi, Peggy! It is a testimony to God’s faithfulness for sure! We couldn’t do it without Him. You have been an important role in our marriage by praying for us. Thank you for your love and encouragement! Love you!