What Are You Teaching Your Daughter About Equality?

1. Anita says:

Love this post Sheila!! So sorry that happened to you. Words can really sting and you are right. We need to be teaching girls and young women to support each other rather than tearing one another down. GREAT scripture references!

Feel free to join my christian blog linkup!

Dearest Sheila,

I’m so sorry for your experience with the little girl. I. too, am praying for this mother, and others like her, to see people through a more beautiful lens. Your pain brought about a wonderful article that will be a blessing to, and shared by, many, including me.

God bless you Sheila!

Toni,
      All things work together for those who love Him are called according to His purpose…in the good, bad and sad God uses it all 🙂 This happened a while ago, but God would not allow me to let go of it until I finished this post. I appreciate and love you on so many levels!

3. Falon says:

It’s always good to remember that kids really hear and understand so much more than we think. It’s really important to be mindful of what we say and how we say it.

4. Cindy says:

Thank you for the reminder my friend. Just because we have adult daughters doesn’t mean our influence with them is over.

Cindy,
      You are right about that….and I know the Godly influence you portray to many lives including mine. I love and miss you!

5. Corsica says:

As young woman with a mother who brought me up right I’m thankful for this post!!! Be blessed

6. Sarah Jean says:

Sheila,

Beautiful piece. Similar to mine, but definitely different! I have been guilty of treating women (even in my church) as unequals and we must stop doing that. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Sarah! I loved your piece too! I have been guilty as well, but God has me stepping up to that plate to change and make a difference in my thinking. The enemy loves it when we tear each other apart.

7. Peggy says:

Sheila, I am so sorry for your suffering. You are a beautiful woman and I thank God for you! Good message!
    Love you!
    Peggy

Peggy, Thank You for your beautiful words, but no one has suffered more than Christ and in every lesson God teaches me good or bad He deserves the honor and praise. Love you too!